Easy pizza dough recipe

Sunday 27 May 2012

You may have noticed I've made a fair share of pizza lately or should I say three garlic breads, four calzones and one pizza. I used to make dough from scratch but got rather bored of the whole 'waiting' element, what can I say, I'm impatient.  I resorted to packet mixes yet decided I wanted to do it from scratch but without the waiting so I found the recipe below and it works a treat.  I made The Sprogs some garlic bread using wholemeal bread flour in the pizza dough and it was a success, they scoffed the lot!  I find the below recipe makes approximately two 9" pizza's with a little spare, if you like them thinnish.

 

Ingredients

  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
  2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
  3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with flour. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.  recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-pizza-crust/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up immediately, in order to avoid that pesky captcha I've activated comment moderation instead so as soon as i'm online i'll publish your comment :)

If you like the blog feel free to link it on your page.

 
All content by L Seddon / MamaUndone | (© Copyright 2015) Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)